We are looking to bring on a top-notch Electrical Engineer who will work with us to create the next generation of CleanRobotics technology. You will be part of a team of passionate innovators who seek to change the way we deal with waste. You'll work in an award-winning office with smart designs, large common areas, and an open floor plan that fuels collaboration.
- Develop hardware and firmware for TrashBot
- Test, characterize, and iterate existing designs
- Evaluate new sensor technologies and assess for applicability to our projects
- Create production testing solutions for electronic assemblies
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, CAN)
- Experience with Computer Vision
- Experience with SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Familiarity with sensor interfaces, such as LIDAR, GPS, and RADAR
- Extraordinary drive and focus on long-term value
- Bright, quick, articulate, excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and able to adapt to different internal and external constituencies
- Viewed as a team player who also possesses the independence of thought and opinion to provide candor and honesty when making engineering decisions
- Detail-oriented, but also a strategic thinker
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficient at PCB layout, electronic assembly, and troubleshooting circuits with an oscilloscope
- Proficient at writing firmware (C/C++) for MCUs in embedded systems
- Hands-on experience through previous jobs, student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
If you believe you have the unique blend of knowledge, skills, drive, and abilities, we invite you to explain to us why you think you would fit in, how you could help build the firm, and what you could bring to the role.
Please submit your resume, a link to your portfolio, and—in lieu of a cover letter—please write a statement about your reasons for applying and how you believe you can contribute to CleanRobotics.
Please note that this position is full-time at our Pittsburgh headquarters, with the possibility of moving to Colorado. Must be local or willing to relocate. Must be willing to travel. Must be a US Citizen, or a foreign citizen with required work visa.